Subject: Re: CDROM drives
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Blake <geoff@palaemon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/25/2003 17:59:16
On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Antonio Prioglio wrote:

> Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 11:21:12 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Antonio Prioglio <a.prioglio@city.ac.uk>
> To: port-sparc@netbsd.org
> Cc: port-sparc64@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: CDROM drives
>
> On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Geoff Blake wrote:
>
> > When I had this need, albeit on earlier Sun equipment, I bought
> > (second hand) a 2X CDROM in a 411 case and fitted a new SCSI CDRW
> > drive in the case. I guess the same would hold true with an Ultra 5.
> >

> Apart from the fact that U5s have no SCSI ...
>
> BTW does anybody knows what kind of IDE cdrom is compatible with U5/10?
> Google does not offer interesting cues ... (apart buy one)

Apologies, I have never played with non-scsi Sun kit - bit of a down
market move?  Could you not put a AH2940 scsi card in to boot it...or
netboot it from another machine?

Geoff

--
    Geoff Blake	              Please reply to:		Using Linux on
    Chelmsford		geoff (a) palaemon . co . uk	Intel & NetBSD

    This  E-mail  and any attachment(s) is strictly confidential and is
    intended solely for the  addressee(s). If you are  not the intended
    recipient please notify <postmaster@palaemon.co.uk>  and the sender
    by return and permanently delete the message. You may not disclose,
    forward or copy this E-mail or any attachment(s) to any third party
    without the prior consent of the sender.