Subject: Re: Sun Sbus Token Ring adapter
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/19/2002 09:20:25
On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 06:48:34AM -0800, John Nemeth wrote:
>      I was wondering if there was any chance of getting support for the
> Sun Sbus Token Ring adapter?  I've been having a lot of problems
> fighting with stupid PC architecture limitations, so I've been thinking
> of getting an Ultra 1 to replace my gateway machine since I saw one go
> on eBay for $33.99US recently.  It would be nice to run NetBSD on it,
> but I need Token Ring support for my home networking lab.  I have the
> card running under Solaris 8, so I know I could use that if needed, but
> I would prefer to use NetBSD.

Is that card like the one that ICL [1] made?
ie the texas TMS380 (?) chip attached to the DMA+ where you
would usually put the AMD lance?
(The solaris 'prtconv -v' output might be informative - if you can
decode it.)

If so then the card would behave much the same as the ISA
versions, eg the Olicom cards.

	David

[1] that one doesn't have enough forth on it to keep openboot
happy.

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk