Subject: Re: Printing to LPT0 - Sun Ultra 5 - sparc64
To: Todd Caldwell <caldwell2@charter.net>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/24/2002 21:02:47
In message <000501c29374$07394b80$6601a8c0@caldwell>, you write:

-> Is printing to the parallel port (lpt0) supported in NetBSD sparc64 - on a
-> Sun Ultra 5?

In theory it "should just work", but I was unable to make it go, and have
not yet had a chance to get back to debugging/attempting to fix it, as I
simply needed the printer to work at the time and moved it to another box.

My test was also on a U5.. It appeared that the device took all my input,
but nothing ever came out of the printer.  I picked up a breakout box to
check if any of the pins were actually being twiddled, but it's still in
the shrinkwrap 8-/

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill