Subject: trying to use a usb cdrw
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Frank Cusack <fcusack@fcusack.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/18/2002 02:41:01
Hi,

I have a plextor PX-S88TU USB CDRW I'd like to use under netbsd.  It's
a USB2.0 drive (1.1 compatible) plugged into an OHCI 1.1 controller.
With a CD inserted, it works fine under Solaris 9_u1.  At least, I can
mount and read a CD, I haven't tried burning yet.

Without a CD inserted, Solaris gives the following:

    WARNING: Device disk30 failed to power up.
    WARNING: Please see your system administrator or reboot.

I think I can fix that with a config tweak.

In either case (disk inserted or not), NetBSD 1.6 gives this:

    uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1

and the drive doesn't work at all.  Any ideas?

/fc