Subject: Re: Ultra10 and X11
To: John P. Campbell <jcampbell@intacct.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/12/2002 20:25:06
On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 03:26:12PM -0800, John P. Campbell wrote:

> Does anyone know the status and what options there may be for getting X
> to run on my Ultra10?  If it doesn't seem like it will be working any
> time soon, are there any alternate suggestions?

Heh, depends on your value of "anytime soon". We're close with the kernel
part, but all the xsrc work has still to be done (which might not be much,
since hopefully the OpenBSD guys now have fixed all the 64 bit big endian
bugs in the XFree sources).

> Should I be looking at maybe OpenBSD instead?

Maybe worth a try to see if you will insist on using X on that framebuffer
at all.

I'd use a cheap PC with cheap graphic card as X terminal - it will outperform
the U10 by magnitudes.

Martin