Subject: Re: AXe vs AXi (was: Ultra 5 and Symbios SCSI)
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Frank Cusack <fcusack@fcusack.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/10/2002 21:12:53
On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 05:17:21PM -0700, Rick Kelly wrote:
> Frank Cusack said:
>

> >What I really meant was, what are the differences in the AXe and AXi CPUs?
>
> Originally, they both used the same cpu chips.

I wouldn't think so (although I will believe it if you show me a Sun page
which shows that).  AXe and AXi are (I thought) named after the IIe and
IIi CPUs.  http://www.sun.com/processors/index.html

What I really really meant was, what are diffs between UltraSPARC IIe/IIi.
Sorry about messing up the naming and causing confusion.

Although, now that I've found the URL above, I can just see for myself. :-)

/fc