Subject: Re: Help network booting netBSD 1.6 on a Netra T1.
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/01/2002 18:26:33
truman@truman.nu wrote:

> You may also need to set the eeprom to allow for unique mac address
> assignments-
>
> from the restricted monitor type this:
> local-mac-address?=true

This does not change anything:

atlantis# dmesg |grep hme
hme0 at pci1 dev 1 function 1: Sun Happy Meal Ethernet, rev. 1
hme0: interrupting at ivec 3021
hme0: Ethernet address 08:00:20:b2:9b:33
ukphy0 at hme0 phy 0: Generic IEEE 802.3u media interface
ukphy1 at hme0 phy 1: Generic IEEE 802.3u media interface
hme1 at pci1 dev 3 function 1: Sun Happy Meal Ethernet, rev. 1
hme1: interrupting at ivec 301a
hme1: Ethernet address 08:00:20:b2:9b:33
ukphy2 at hme1 phy 0: Generic IEEE 802.3u media interface

> See if that may help you clear things up (provided that both are plugged
> in at the same time.)

Currently, I do not need 2 network interfaces. But I have paid for that and will need it if I use the machine as gateway.

The problem seems to be that hme0 has 2 PHYs attached.
Have other sun machines the same problem on NetBSD?

Dave

--
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,