Subject: Re: Help network booting netBSD 1.6 on a Netra T1.
To: None <sferreira@computerhorizons.com>
From: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/31/2002 20:50:38
sferreira@computerhorizons.com wrote:

> I've began installing 1.6 sparc 64 via miniroot on a Netra T1 but I had
> problems with the kernel recognizing my NIC cards. These NIC cards
> defaulted to gem0 & gem1.  I even tried to set up an IP address for them
> using the miniroot "ifconfig" but it would not pick up an IP address. I
> ran the installer anyways, and went through the stages of partitioning
> the drive, etc...  But it would not FTP the packages because the problem
> I had with "ifconfig".

I think there was some problem with the sparc miniroot binaries. Read the archives. Does your Netra have hme ethernet? On my Netra, onle the hme1 port works with NetBSD.

Is booting from an (external) CD an option for you? The ISO is now bootable I red in this list.
I installed my netra by formating the drive on a sparc 32 system:-)

Dave

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse 23, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 Phone +49 33056 82834
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/  dave@turbocat.de