Subject: Re: miniroot/sysinst seg fault
To: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/29/2002 20:59:31
On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 11:28:35AM -0800, Andrey Petrov wrote:

> First I'd double check miniroot image is not corrupted, download
> it again (don't forget it's binary), get checksum and verify that.

Since ifconfig had issues in the 1.6 branch due to bad optimization flags
(though not anywhere near the problems reported here), it might be worth to
check a build from the 1.6 branch after those flags got fixed (which they
have, in the meantime).

I'm not sure if a miniroot from the head of the 1.6 branch (i.e. 1.6_STABLE)
is publically available right now - we should place one in the snapshot area
on ftp.netbsd.org if not.

Martin