Subject: Re: miniroot/sysinst seg fault
To: Umang Kumar <umkumar@hotmail.com>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/29/2002 11:28:35
First I'd double check miniroot image is not corrupted, download
it again (don't forget it's binary), get checksum and verify that.
Then try to install it again. I wonder if sysinst has some sort of
log so it would be easier to diagnose the problem.

Still might be interesting to see your complete dmesg.

Assuming that you used sysinst, try to set up your network manually
using ifconfig. To do so you'll need to exit from sysinst and use
ifconfig and route.

Also you can try to install manually:
- download netbsd distribution from solaris
- prepare disk partition for netbsd using solaris format
- boot miniroot and get shell(choose 'exit' in sysinst)
- newfs your netbsd partition
- mount it (say to /mnt)
- mount solaris partition read-only
- untar your netbsd distribution to /mnt
	(cd /mnt; pax -rz -pe -f <your_path_to.tgz)
- copy netbsd kernel to /mnt
- copy ofwboot to /mnt
- install bootblock to netbsd disk partition (look into /mnt/usr/mdec)
- try to boot it
ok boot disk:<netbsd-partition> netbsd

Then report all problems you got:-)

	Andrey