Subject: Re: Ultra 5/10 with hme and 1.6
To: Sam Tannous <stannous@cisco.com>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/18/2002 11:00:30
In message <20021018132532.GA40659@cisco.com>, you write:

-> Forgive my ignorance but doesn't one have to first install
-> non-current (1.6), then get current source, and then build
-> a new kernel?  (This last step will take me a while if the
-> box freezes every time I try a build).

You can try a -current snapshot, as pointed out by others; my
comment was simply that I haven't seen any of the issues you
point out either with the 1.6 betas (I don't think I actually
ran 1.6 release for very long, if at all as I upgraded from
one of the betas to a post-1.6 -current) or with -current...

If your box freezes on a semi-regular-basis I certainly don't
recommend trying to get to -current via source update 8-)

--rafal