Subject: Re: Unable to ifconfig - t1 100
To: Tom Danielsen <tom@mnemonic.no>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/16/2002 12:47:57
On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 11:11:24PM +0200, Tom Danielsen wrote:

> > Did you try hme1 ? NetBSD seems to have issues with the hme0 on these
> > machines.
> >

> I did, but I cannot remember if that was before or after I
> transfered the ifconfig binary.  I'll test tomorrow (I do not
> have physical access right now).
>
> But this is interesting, as I need both interfaces for the job
> it's supposed to do.
>
> Is it an issue with the miniroot image, or 1.6 in general ?

1.6 in general. It may be fixable, though: the problem may be that hme0
attaches 2 PHYs which looks wrong. Haking the kernel to attach only one
may be enouth.

> Do you know I a qfe card would work (in a T1) ?

I don't know what slots are available in the T1. But if the qfe is a SBUS,
it won't probably work.
On the other hand, any PCI card supported by NetBSD should work.