Subject: Help with CDRom install.
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Craig Eales <craig@eales-toms.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/12/2002 12:11:18
I am having difficulty getting netbsd to install from the CDRom iso image.

I downloaded the 1.6 iso image and wrote to the CD. I can read the CD fine
on the PC.
I can also read the CD correctly on the target sparc box when I boot into
Solaris.

I had a read of the install documents but cannot see any mention of any
problems with installing from
CDRom.

My console is below after which it just boots into Solaris.

Can anybody shed any light on what is wrong?

Thanks in advance

Craig

__________________________________________________________________________--

The system is down.
syncing file systems... done
Program terminated
ok setenv security-mode none
security-mode =       none
ok boot cdrom
Resetting ...

Sun Ultra 1 SBus (UltraSPARC 143MHz), No Keyboard
OpenBoot 3.25, 192 MB memory installed, Serial #8602023.
Ethernet address 8:0:20:83:41:a7, Host ID: 808341a7.

Rebooting with command: boot cdrom
Boot device: /sbus/espdma@e,8400000/esp@e,8800000/sd@6,0:f  File and args:
kernel/sparcv9/unix
Bad magic number in disk label
Can't open disk label package
Evaluating: boot cdrom

Can't open boot device

Boot device: disk  File and args: kernel/sparcv9/unix