Subject: Re: Cron dying
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/04/2002 15:43:09
In message <20021004071341.GC6716@drowsy.duskware.de>, Martin writes:

-> On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 10:02:04PM -0700, Andrey Petrov wrote:
->
-> > How reproducable is that?
->
-> It happens at least once a week (but I did not realy count) on machines
-> running 24h. It happens evenly distributed accross all my machienes.
-> Maybe it is related to time jumps, maybe I should corelate the logs and
-> the core timestamps.

Interesting... I just looked at my U5, which has been sitting at work
over the last month as I was moving, and it hasn't happened once... But
before I moved it to under my desk at work (ie, on my home network before
our move), it was happening ~ once a week or more...

I checked because I thought I might still be configured to talk to my home
NTP server and thus effectively have disabled NTP from synching against an
outside server (and hence clock steps?), but NTP is running and talking to
the NTP server at work, clock steps are still happening, but cron hasn't
cored on me in the 30 days of uptime!

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill