Subject: ROOT: on Ultra 10 - can not boot after install
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: freebsd-questions <questions@corsmith.yi.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/03/2002 11:01:41
New install on an Ultra 10 of NetBSD 1.6.

Equipment:

Standard Ultra10 with onboard IDE controllers

Install Method:

Solaris installed on disk1 (boot disk1).  dd miniroot to swap.  Boot'd
swap slice and installed successfully on disk1.

Problem:

ok boot disk0
<NetBSD kernel messages etc...  All devices appear to be found
correctly.  Will post output once I get a serial connection to this box.>
On a line by itself
ROOT:

Once this happens I am unable to type anything, CTL-C or numlock.  I would
assume that it is trying to tell me what the root device is on the box and
is unable to determine it.

I am a NetBSD newbie but I thought that it is supposed to prompt you if it
is unable to determine the root device(?)

TIA

Corey