Subject: Installing 1.5.1 on Ultra 2
To: 'port-sparc64@netbsd.org' <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Dingwall, Peter <Peter.Dingwall@uk.experian.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/02/2002 11:06:59
Hi

I've been trying to install Netbsd 1.6 on a Sun Ultra2 but gave up after
having all manner of problems and resorted to 1.5.1. This actually installed
and went through all of the packages and timezone config. However, on reboot
i'm not getting very far...

It's booting from the disk but stops at the following prompt...

raidattach: Asked for 4 units

Kernelized RAIDframe activated

root device: ? ?

use one of: raid0[a-h] raid1[a-h] raid2[a-h] raid3[a-h] hme1 hme2 halt

The disk i'm booting off is /dev/sd0a but i don't get the option to use this
one. This is probably something very simple (hopefully) so i apologise if
this is the case.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Pete