Subject: Re: CD-Rom installation problem on Ultra 10
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Ruibiao Qiu <ruibiao@arl.wustl.edu>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/27/2002 12:34:11
On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Martin Husemann wrote:

>On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 10:37:48AM -0500, Ruibiao Qiu wrote:
>
>> I am having problem installing the 1.6 using CD-Rom (image downloaded from the
>> official ftp site).  The EIDE CD drive is on secondary, the cdrom alias is set
>> to "/pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom@3,0:f".
>
>Funny, I thought there was no official sparc64 bootable CD yet (because it
>does not work).

I thought that too, but the 1.6 installation note says the easiest way to
install is using CD-Rom.
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6/sparc64/INSTALL.html#Installing%20NetBSD%20from%20CDROM

>Anyway, try
>
>   boot /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom@3,0:e netbsd
>
>(partition "e" instead of "f")

I tried, but the same error.

>The easiest way to install though is using "boot net" after setting up a
>NFS boot area with netbsd.INSTALL.gz as /netbsd.

That's a bit tricky here because we have an official bootp server running.  If
I setup my own, it is gonna create confusion.  I know that there are
work-arounds in my case, but CD install (if really available) is the easiest
for me.

            Ruibiao