Subject: Re: Creator3D driver and X server snapshot
To: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/05/2002 16:30:39
--eRtJSFbw+EEWtPj3

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 12:22:17AM +1000, grant beattie wrote:
>=20
> however, using the device path, we must be able to figure out what
> kind of device it is (ie. the user should not necessarily need to know
> or care) :)

that's right but you can face some problems there, e.g. same device
names for various hw (Creator/Creator 3D, TCX/S24, maybe more) so it
should try the most advanced method, then fall back to less advanced
ones (if necessary).  without crash or user notification unless it fail
even for the last one :)

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=