Subject: Re: Ultra 10, anyone?
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/29/2002 00:44:31
On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Chuck Silvers wrote:
> hmm, actually this isn't an aliasing issue at all,
> pmap_kremove() is just not flushing the cache.
> note that when we remove the TTE entirely (such as in
> pmap_page_protect(VM_PROT_NONE)), we do need to flush
> the cache there as well.
>
> please try the attached patch.

Even with this patch, I cannot build a compiler that gets argc right on
main(), and thus stops the build in gnu/usr.bin/gcc/backend when calling
./gengenrtl:

	./gengenrtl genrtl.h genrtl.c
	need two args (argc=-11408)!
	*** Error code 1

The error is from me, and I'm using one of the recent sparc64 snapshots
from releng.netbsd.org. The compiler from the snapshots works for building
a main() that gets argc properly, but aparently the compiler built with
that toolchain doesn't. :(

(This is with sources on local disk to reduce number of possible
problems).

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html