Subject: Creator3D driver and X server snapshot
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Sung-Won Chung <swchung7@hotmail.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/28/2002 19:11:09
After attaching a local disk, I could compile X server, though
I couldn't compile the same source on a diskless configuration.

For anyone who wishes snapshot to use X-window with the Creator on Ultra 1
or 2,
I uploaded necessary binaries (kernel, X server, xterm).

    http://home.pusan.ac.kr/~swchung/snap/netbsd.gz
    http://home.pusan.ac.kr/~swchung/snap/Xsun24.gz
    http://home.pusan.ac.kr/~swchung/snap/xterm.gz

24-bit X server would run at the resolution detected by kernel during boot.

    ffb0 at mainbus0 addr 0xffb68000: SUNW,501-2633, 1600 x 1280 (console)
    ffb0: attached to /dev/fb

The resolution can be changed from solaris with ffbconfig.
Uploaded xterm may give much faster scroll speed --- in fact,
it is normal speed --- than the problematic slow scroll speed
of the default xterm when used with Creator.

Sung-Won Chung