Subject: newbie - pthreads
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Matt W <matt@cwoh.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/20/2002 10:09:28
Solaris sucked on my Ultra 1 (Creator3D 170), so I decided to try Net.  =
Had little to no problems getting -current (as of a few days ago) =
running on the box.  The problem seems to be the pack of POSIX threads.  =
MySQL won't compile mit-pthreads (even after hacking configure to make =
it think sparc64-netbsd-1.6 is a supported platform), and PHP won't =
compile with apache2 support without POSIX threads.   Or course the =
MySQL port and the mit-pthreads port both say that the platform is =
unsupported.

Can anyone offer some assistance?  I've googled into the wee hours of =
the morning with no success. =20