Subject: re: Fixes to use 16 SCSI targets with FAS on Ultra 1E
To: Sung-Won Chung <swchung7@hotmail.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/18/2002 19:57:02
   On my Ultra 1/170E, this fix enabled FAS to recognize 16 targets, not 8
   targets.
   I tested with 6 additional SCSI HDDs with SCSI ID 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14.
   I intended flags for esp driver for FAS to work as

       bits 0-7:   disable disconnect/rselect for SCSI target 0-7
       bits 8-15:  disable synchronous negotiation for SCSI target 0-7
       bits 16-23: disable disconnect/rselect for SCSI target 8-15
       bits 24-31: disable synchronous negotiation for SCSI target 8-15

   However, since bit 16-23 is used to disable tagged queuing for SCSI target
   0-7, this is ad-hoc approach.

perhaps a "flags2" locator then?  it can provide the same services for
scsi id's 8..15 in bits 0..23.

.mrg.