Subject: Re: Ultra 1/200e and der mouse problem
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/27/2002 17:07:35
> I have the May snapshot installed on my machine no problem.  I sup
> the latest sources and try to build world.  I end up with the same
> errors as der mouse.

Which ones?  I've seen two basic errors.  The first one was that
timestamps on the source files matter (see PR 17703); the second one
was that cc1 coredumped while compiling ___runetype_mb.c.  I've no
resolution for the latter.

> Maybe it's the montreal weather.

Despite what my address implies, I am not at the moment in Montreal.
Indeed, the timezone in the Date: header is correct. :-)

> Anyway, I'm trying to downgrade my /usr/src to the code branch that
> is going to be 1.6 but I'm totally confused as to NetBSD versions and
> what to configure sup or anoncvs to get the soon to be released 1.6
> code.

I use cvs update from anoncvs, and to get the proto-1-6 I just tell cvs
"-r netbsd-1-6" (as an option to update, not to cvs - ie, after the
"update" on the command line).  Or at least I _think_ that's getting me
the soon-to-be-1.6 source....

> Currently my kernel that I built is 1.6D.  Is 1.6D the soon to be
> released 1.6?  Is it current?

The latter.  Trailing letters indicate post-release development; I
think the letter is bumped when a kernel interface changes
incompatibly, but that's fuzzy memory and doesn't really matter for
your purposes anyway.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign