Subject: Re: more build funzies
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/24/2002 10:46:27
>> I'm going to be playing with it some more, trying to see if I can do
>> an UNPRIVED build (which _can't_ overwrite /usr/include)
> use DESTDIR; don't build to /.

I've tried that.  Didn't work that way either.  Fell over because it
tried to do a c++ compile depending on a bunch of files in
$DESTDIR/usr/include/g++ before it installed them.  First
<std/std_valarray.h>, then when I copied that one in by hand, it
depended on half a dozen others.  I'm now trying to get
$DESTDIR/usr/include/g++ built by hand enough for the build to work.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign