Subject: Re: hme ethernet interface and IPv6 problem
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: FUKAUMI Naoki <naoki@fukaumi.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/24/2002 11:13:31
Hello

At Tue, 23 Jul 2002 17:14:09 +0100,
David Laight wrote:
> > I just now discovered that the hme network interface seems to
> > return duplicates of all outgoing packets when in promiscious
> > mode.
(snip)
> however I did find that the sun sbus 'feps' (fast ethernet,
> parallel, scsi) chipset returned tx frames an 10M, but not at
> 100M!

My U10's hme returns tx frame to rx side, if media == 10baseT (both
autoselect and manual select), and no relation to promiscious mode.
(even if in non-promisc mode, ping{,6} to {broad,multi}cast address
 (e.g. x.y.z.255/24, ff02::1) will get *two* reply from my self)

In ping to unicast address case,
  if do tcpdump (=promiscious mode), *two* same packets is displayed.
  if do tcpdump with -p (=non-promisc mode), only one packet is displayed.

if under other conditions (media type), no tx frame to rx side.

(my old mail:
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc64/2001/11/16/0001.html )

--
FUKAUMI Naoki