Subject: Re: 1.6 self-hosting?
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/19/2002 03:19:06
>> What's the status on the compiler issues?  Can I expect
>> NetBSD-1.6/sparc64 to be capable of recompiling itself, or will it
>> be cross-build-only?

>> Or does nobody know yet?

> I've built several kernels on my CP1500, and many packages.

Well, I installed what was a few days ago the most recent sparc64
snapshot, and doing a build.sh run fell over:

| dependall ===> texinfo
[...]
| checking for alloca... yes
| checking for working strcoll... yes
| checking for vprintf... yes
| checking whether setvbuf arguments are reversed... /usr/src/tools/texinfo/../../gnu/dist/texinfo/configure: 2692: Syntax error: "(" unexpected (expecting "fi")
| *** Error code 2
|
| Stop.
| nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/tools/texinfo
| *** Error code 1
|
| Stop.
[further make(1) cascade snipped]

I'm updating sources as I type this, and once that's done I'll try
again.  I suppose what I'm really wondering is, are such things worth
mentioning, either on the list or with send-pr, or are problems
building sparc64 on sparc64 still "don't do that, then"?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign