Subject: Virtual Sparc Machines (VMsparc)
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Jerome Ibanes <jibanes@eskimo.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/14/2002 08:58:19
To NetBSD users:

We are curently working on a Mainframe-Class Virtual Machines
on High-Performance Sparc Servers and Workstations. This
software solution will provide the ability to run multiple
operating systems on your ultrasparc-based servers (VMsparc
server) and workstations (VMsparc) at the same time, without
the need to buy extra hardware.

VMsparc will provide a virtualization layer of your ultrasparc
architecture and will let your run locally or export across a
network multiple virtual ultrasparc machines, able to run Solaris,
Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD or OpenBSD from your workstation or server.

VMsparc Server will provide advanced resource management controls
for servers, to manage hard drives and memory allocation,  CPU(s)
usage and network interfaces of the virtual machines exported
over the network.

VMsparc Server will also include security enhancement features
to control the network operations, operating system and process
behavior of each virtual machine.

VMsparc will be available for Solaris/Sparc, Sparc Linux,
FreeBSD/sparc64, NetBSD/sparc64 and OpenBSD/sparc64. The product
is in development, for quality purposes, we are looking for
beta testers, if you are interested, please send me an email at
jibanes@eskimo.com and you'll receive a beta version, documentation
and serial number (for testing purposes only) as soon as the
product enter in its quality test phase.

Sun, Sun Microsystems, Ultra and UltraSPARC are trademarks or
registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. All SPARC
trademarks are used under license and are trademarks or registered
trademarks of SPARC International, Inc. Products bearing SPARC
trademarks are based upon an architecture developed by Sun
Microsystems, Inc.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
FreeBSD is a registered trademark of FreeBSD,Inc. and Walnut Creek
CDROM.
NetBSD is a registered trademark of the NetBSD Foundation, Inc.
OpenBSD is a registered trademark of Theo de Raadt.
VMware is a registered trademark of VMware, Inc.
All brand or product names are or may be trademarks of, and are
used to identify products and services of, their respective owners.

 Jerome Ibanes <jibanes@eskimo.com>           http://www.eskimo.com/~jibanes
 Under US Code Title 47, Sec.227(b)(1)(C), Sec.227(a)(2)(B): This email
 address may not be added to any commercial mail list without my permission.
 PGP Pub key auto-reply: email me with subject 'pgp key' (without quotes)
 PGP key fingerprint:  3FD6 8890  6D66 0FBE  F925 39EF  6F7B AC03  6815 1C51