Subject: Re: 1.6 miniroot won't boot
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org, grant@grunta.com>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/07/2002 14:19:28
| On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 12:34:02AM -0000, eeh@netbsd.org wrote:
|
| > ok setenv fcode-debug? true
| > ok boot disk:b -V
| >
| > That should give us some useful debug info.
|
| 220r (both -current and 1.6 20020603)
|
| {0} ok setenv fcode-debug? true
| fcode-debug? =        true
| {0} ok boot disk:b -V
| Boot device: /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@0,0:b  File and args: -V
| NetBSD IEEE 1275 Bootblock
| from device /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@0,0:b
| ufs-open complete
| .Looking for ofwboot in directory...

If that's as far as it gets then it seems that the boot block
is unable to read the root directory.  It should be printing
out each directory entry it finds, and it obviously hasn't found
anything.  You might want to mount the filesystem and make sure
it's O.K.

Beyond that is FCode debygging.  Boot with -DV.  Once you get the
message "The file just loaded does not appear to be executable."
you enable debug on an interesting function, say search-directory
and tell the boot block to read a file:

ok debug search-directory
ok " /ofwboot" do-boot

Once it gets to the routine under debug you can single-step through
it to see where it hangs.

| Your recent change to sparc64/sparc64/autoconf.c should make that
| work better, I'll update and give it a try.
|
| u10 (both -current and 1.6 20020603)
|
| Rebooting with command: boot disk:b -V
| Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/disk@0,0:b  File and args: -V
| NetBSD IEEE 1275 Bootblock
| from device /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/disk@0,0:b
| ufs-open complete
| .Looking for ofwboot in directory...
| .
| ..
| bin
| dev
| dist
| etc
| mnt
| mnt2
| kern
| sbin
| tmp
| usr
| var
| ofwboot
| Found it

Hm.  It should have printed a number in there somewhere.

| Warning: Fcode sequence resulted in a net stack depth change of 2

It should not have a stach depth change.

| The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.

I'm suspecting your bootblock is corrupt somehow.  How are you
generating it?

Eduardo