Subject: netbooting a blade 100
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: IvanK. <chepati@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/05/2002 15:48:57
Hi all,

I followed the instructions in diskless(8) and setup a linux server with a
sparc (blade 100) client for a net install.  The problem is that at some
point after booting, the kernel asks for the root device and the only
available choices are raid[0-9][a-h] (I believe).

Btw, I'm booting with ofwboot.net.

When I get back home tonight, I'll try with the server running NetBSD and see
if that helps, even though I don't think that matters much.  I guess I
didin't configure my bootparams.  Here's what I have in my /etc/bootparams:

vazov root=192.168.0.3:/export/vazov/root gateway=192.168.0.1:255.255.255.0

vazov is the name of the client that needs to be netbooted.  I've exported
/export/vazov/root, I'm running tftpd, rarpd and rpc.bootparamd.  My
/etc/ethers is also correct.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
IvanK.