Subject: Re: 1.5ZC GENERIC, ipmon not logging correctly
To: Volker Stolz <stolz@i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Jed Davis <jldavis+netbsdlist@cs.oberlin.edu>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/31/2002 19:50:37
Volker Stolz <stolz@i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

> Am 31. May 2002 um 19:14 CEST schrieb Todd Vierling:
>> Are your kernel and userland in sync?  (i.e. are you using GENERIC from the
>> same snapshot as userland?)
>
> Yes, I think they were/are. I even tried ipmon in different successive
> snapshots which came both with kernel and userland and my entire own
> world. I'm going to try out the most recent snapshot by the end of
> next week (I hope). And there's a new Ultra-1 as of today which might
> get NetBSD as well.

My $.02: ipmon has been giving me the same problems, even with
matching kernel and userland versions.  One thing I noticed, though,
was that the STATE entries (which ipmon does read) have strange
timestamps: 1969-12-31 at 19:00:00 (which is almost the epoch second;
I'm in US/Eastern, which is -0400 rather than -0500 at the moment due
to DST), where the microsecond part seems to be the actual
microseconds of the time (determined by some guesswork with ping(8)
and scripting).  Thus suggesting some kind of LP64 problem that might
also be breaking packet logging; once I get enough time I might try
poking around the source...

--Jed

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -- ## "But life wasn't yes-no, on-off.  Life was shades of gray,
sub f{(($n,$d,@_)=@_)?(substr(## and rainbows not in the order of the spectrum."