Subject: Re: where to buy a box ?
To: ptiJo <ptiJo@noos.fr>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/29/2002 20:34:40
--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

hi,

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 08:00:36PM +0200, ptiJo wrote:
>	I'm planning to get an Ultra5 (or a bit more, depending on the price ;)
>
>	SUN doesn't seem to sell them anymore ...
>	Is there any company that would sell them (in Europe) ?

if you'd like to have new low-end workstation (from the same category as
Ultra 5) why not Blade 100?  it's successor of Ultra 5, has much faster
CPU, uses standard PC133 dimms with EC, etc.  and yes, Sun currently
sells them and it's notably cheaper than Ultra 5 was :).

the only reason to buy Ultra 5 for me would be if i want to run Solaris
older than 8 for some reason.

 http://www.sun.fr/produits-solutions/materiels/stations/sunblade_100.html

hope this helps.

regards,