Subject: Re: New Snapshot (20020511-1.5ZC)
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Tomi Nylund <wizard@finland.invalid>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/15/2002 00:04:51
Matt Thomas wrote:

> I build and uploaded a new sparc64 last night / this morning to:
>
>    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc64/snapshot/20020511-1.5ZC
>
> Enjoy!

I tried installing the 1.5ZC today, and ran into a strange problem: pax
wouldn't
unpack the kern-GENERIC.tgz from binary/sets, no matter what.

Closer inspection revealed, it's gzipped alright, but the next layer
(tar archive)
seems to be somehow foo-bar. File didn't recognize it as tar archive,
but "data".
I checked the md5 sums and downloaded it straight from ftp.netbsd.org,
but no luck.
Looking into it with hex editor, it looks like the tar headers are
somehow corrupt.
Taking a kernel from kernels-directory, and using that worked alright,
though.

Anyone have an idea?

Regards, Tomi

PS: Please reply to the mailing list, as my e-mail address is obfuscated
to repel
spammers.