Subject: Re: disklabel/IDE clarification needed
To: Aditya <aditya@grot.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/13/2002 21:38:11
On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 01:05:35PM -0700, Aditya wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to disklabel a second IDE disk and running into a few problems
> and could do with a few hints. The IDE drive was in a FreeBSD/i386 system with
> a single partition. Needless to say, disklabel isn't able to read it and so
> I'm trying to start from scratch however the instructions in the Handbook look
> to be for the i386 port.
>
> I've tried writing the following label and disklabel complains about the
> following line not having enough entries, ie.:
>
> #        size    offset     fstype  [fsize bsize cpg/sgs]
>   c:        *         0     4.2BSD

You need to add fsize, bsize and cpg/sgs informations. For example:
c:        *         0     4.2BSD 1024 8192 16

Also I wouldn't use the c partition for this, as it's the raw partition.
So I would use:
a:        *         0     4.2BSD 1024 8192 16
c:        *         0     unused 0 0

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>