Subject: Re: Sparc Equipment Donation
To: Steven Beard <steven@qcr.com>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/20/2002 10:00:40
Steven Beard <steven@qcr.com> wrote:
> I have several pieces of Sun equipment which I would like
> to donate to the NetBSD project. Included are an IPC,
> some external disk cases with drives, some external
> CD ROM drives, a 17" monitor, some 4GB SCSI disks,
> a rack mount ultra 170, and eventually a Sparc 20
> when it is taken out of service. All of the equipment
> is working but some rearrangement/assembly of the
> pieces may be required.

Hello,

I think that by CC'ing the relevant port-maintainers you already took
the right step; however, I'll CC port-sparc@netbsd.rog and
port-sparc64@netbsd.org just in case the port maintainers are too busy
in the moment.

> >From the web page it doesn't appear that there is a
> single contact for hardware donations so I am hopeing
> you might want the equipment or know who I should
> contact.

Yes, this is correct and I'm sure we'll find somebody willing to take
the equipment :)  If you like, we could add you to
http://www.netbsd.org/contrib/hardware.html, and when/if somebody takes
the equipment, don't forget to let us know so we can add you to
http://www.netbsd.org/contrib/donations.html

> Please send a response to this email even if you don't
> want the equipment. No one responded to a previous
> email and I couldn't tell if there was no interest or
> if the email got lost.

I apologize for us not getting back to you after your first email and
would like to thank you for your interest in and support of NetBSD.

-Jan

--
http://www.netbsd.org -
         Multiarchitecture OS, no hype required.