Subject: yet another problem
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Randall Stewart <randall@stewart.chicago.il.us>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/12/2002 15:51:48
Hi:

sigh.. well I now have a kernel up :> but now
trying to build all the tools/bin etc I am getting
no where..

I have tried make build and ./build.sh to no avail..

I seem to always get the same sorts of results...

An example I just tried in the tools directory where
I just did a
cd tools
make

I get

----
#make
all ===> host-mkdep
rm -f host-mkdep
CC=cc CFLAGS=-O LDFLAGS=  /usr/syssrc/tools/host-mkdep/configure
--cache-file=config.cache
configure: creating cache config.cache
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking for gcc... cc
checking for executable suffix...
checking for object suffix... o
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
updating cache config.cache
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating host-mkdep
all ===> .WAITcd: can't cd to /usr/syssrc/tools/.WAIT
*** Error code 2
----------------------------------
At the top level doing a build I get

------
# make build
Build started at: Tue Feb 12 16:03:45 EST 2002
*** WARNING:  Building on MACHINE=sparc64 with USE_NEW_TOOLCHAIN.
*** This platform is not yet verified to work with the new toolchain,
*** and may result in a failed build or corrupt binaries!
cleandir ===> tools
cleandir ===> tools/host-mkdep
rm -f a.out [Ee]rrs mklog core *.core     config.cache config.log
config.status host-mkdep
cleandir ===> tools/.WAIT
cd: can't cd to /usr/syssrc/tools/.WAIT
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
#

Oh by the way.. if I do a cvs checkout

somewhere in
arch/mk68
it dies with some sort of issue with a file...
complains about a unexpected eof... its always the same
file... I will have to go re-gen that and send it
to the list :/

Randall R. Stewart
randall@stewart.chicago.il.us 815-342-5222 (cell phone)