Subject: Re: More information with NetBSD on a Sun Blade 100
To: Peter Kieltyka <peter@eluks.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/04/2002 23:19:22
> 1.) PCIBUS is not fully supported; it is down graded to Ultra/33 udma mode
> 2, and should be running at Ultra/66 udma mode 4

You mean "pciide" here. Please file a PR in the "kern" category (as this is
not related to sparc64). Copy your dmesg and explain that you expect it
to do U/66.

> 2.) VGA support
> 5.) USB Keyboard support

Yes, I keep forgetting about that. Those two corelate, when VGA is fixed,
the USB keyboard will imediately work.

> 3.) Sound support

Someone with the proper hardware for testing available needs to write a
driver (or port the OpenBSD one). Often there are architectural differences
at this point - OpenBSD puts many such drivers in arch/sparc64/dev - which
is from the POV of most NetBSD developers just plain wrong and needs fixing
before importing those drivers. The necessary work sometimes makes it easier
to start from scratch :-(

> 4.) Power management support

Not sure what you are thinking of here, please explain in more detail (I never
came close to a Blade 100, so this probably is my stupidity)

Martin