Subject: Re: U10 stability problems
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Jason Wright <jason@thought.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/04/2002 11:10:09
On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 12:29:58PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> I'd suggest you update to an even newer current as some PCI retry
> configuration tweak (exspecially for U10 machines, IIRC) went in later.

Actually it's for the machines with psycho's (not sabre's), so it's for
the UltraSPARC Engine ATX (which is distinct from the AXi) and the u30.
The u10 is built around sabre, isn't it?

I've been trying to track down the 'uncorrectable DMA error' problem
in OpenBSD for awhile now, with little success.  It appears that the dma
unit is requesting transfers of invalid addresses (ones not in the iommu,
which is why the PA is -1), but I have not tracked down the cause.

--Jason L. Wright