Subject: Re: ESP SCSI controller errors?
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/31/2002 21:31:21
Hi,

I've recently installed NetBSD on a newly aquired Ultra2.  A couple of
comments (partially continuing this thread/subject):

1) During extraction of the install sets I got the following message
   in my kernel message buffer:

esp0: error: csr=b2930a13<INT,ERR,DRAINING=0,IEN,ENDMA,DSBL_SCSI_DRN,BURST=0,TCI
esp0: DMA error; resetting
esp0: !TC on DATA XFER [intr 10, stat 87, step 4] prevphase 101, resid deadbeef
esp0: waiting for SCSI Bus Reset to happen

  "deadbeef" doesn't look too healthy...

2) The machine has a

esp0 at sbus0 slot 14 offset 0x8800000 vector 20 ipl 3: dma rev fas
: FAS366/HME, 40MHz, SCSI ID 7

   According to

   http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc64/models.html#UltraSPARC Ultra2-family Systems

   The built-in fas controller isn't supported, but the above would
   seem to contradict this.  Time for a documentation update?

Regards,

- Havard