Subject: Re: ntpd dumping core
To: Lloyd Parkes <lloyd@must-have-coffee.gen.nz>
From: Geoff Adams <gadams@avernus.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/29/2001 01:07:09
On Tuesday, November 27, 2001, at 02:30  AM, Lloyd Parkes wrote:

> Am I the only person to have noticed that ntpd dumps core with SIGBUS? I
> have analysed the problem and submitted a PR (port-sparc64/14746).
>
> Mutter grumble.

I am seeing this, too.

I wonder if similar alignment issues are also what's tripping up amd.
While amd doesn't crash, it doesn't work, either, emitting the nebulous
message "Input/output error" whenever it tries to mount NFS volumes.
NFS mounting by hand (/sbin/mount) works.

maxwell:/export/home  /amd/maxwell/export/home  nfs     1
maxwell.avernus.com is up (Input/output error)

I haven't had a chance to look into this, yet.  Has anyone else noticed
it?

- Geoff