Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5.2 sparc64 install on a Sun Blade 100.
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: None <Eric.Sammons@frit.frb.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/28/2001 14:49:16
--=_alternative 006D6CA485256B12_=

Hubert,

I figured it was disks so I looked around a little more on the netbsd ftp
site.  I found that there is a snapshot with some procedures that include
many more steps than I used.  I decided to go through these processes and
I still get the same error.  Basically these other procedures have you do
a series of mknod commands to create a set of devices.

A Sun Blade is an IDE system.  So I created the set of devices and
modified the fstab file to use wd0 devices.  I guess now the bigger
question is do I actually use wd0 or wd1 or wd2.  My disks are as follows:
c0t0d0 (Solaris)
c0t1d0 (CDROM)
c0t2d0 (NetBSD)

Your question about the boot process finding disks, it does not appear
that they are found.   It determines my memory, system type, and processor
speed.  Shortly after it stops asking for the root device?

All assistance is appreciated.

Thanks!
Eric L. Sammons
Federal Reserve Automation Services