Subject: re: compiling a 32bit kernel
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/12/2001 06:07:28

   Well, it doesn't for me.
   config GENERIC32; cd ../compile/GENERIC32; make depend && make
   fail the way I described.
   I forgot to add that I just sucessfully ran a build.sh on this machine,
   to the toolchain is up to date.

hmm.  i build GENERIC32 on my lapdog just now using the freshly
built toolchain i built via:

	make MACHINE=sparc64 MACHINE_ARCH=sparc do-make-tools

can you use file(1) to find all the sparcv9 objects, and check
out what their compile looks like... something is going wrong
for your build.

i actually did "make USETOOLS=yes depend && make USETOOLS=yes"
and got this:

netbsd: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, SPARC32PLUS, V8+ Required, Sun UltraSPARC1 Extensions Required, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, not stripped
text    data    bss     dec     hex     filename
4587356 86492   354628  5028476 4cba7c  netbsd

not that i've tested this kernel...

.mrg.