Subject: Re: 420R fails to boot
To: None <kenny@the-b.org, martin@duskware.de>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/05/2001 20:29:10
| On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Martin Husemann wrote:
|
| > > loadfile: reading header
| > > elf64_exec: Booting /pci@1f,4000/network@1,1/ofwboot.net
| > > 59352@0x800000Illegal Instruction
| >
| > Uhh, shouldn't it load a kernel here (and not ofwboot.net again)?
|
| Yeah, that was my bad.  I specified "boot net /ofwboot.net" and it loaded
| ofwboot.net again instead of netbsd.  When I use just "boot net" it fails
| netbsd and then has a Fast Data Access MMU Miss.  I was looking at the
| FAQ, but it seems the only newer release would be -current.

O.K.  Let's start at the beginning.

The thing that's requesting `kernel/unix' is the solaris bootloader.
Your setup is loading that instead of ofwboot.net.  When you specify
"boot net /ofwboot.net" you are telling it to boot a kernel called
`/ofwboot.net' (which ofwboot.net obligingly tries to do) not a boot
loader.

You have two choices at this point:

	You can fix your setup so it loads `ofwboot.net' as the
	bootloader

or

	You can specify "boot net /ofwboot.net -a" which will
	cause the solaris loader to boot ofwboot.net, and then
	ofwboot.net will stop and ask for the name of a kernel
	to load.

Eduardo