Subject: Ultra 1 much happier with 1.5Y
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.demon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/22/2001 10:11:30
After upgrading my Ultra 1 to 1.5Y (sup from Fri 19), I no longer get the
lockups every so often.  Previously, running sup or compiling a kernel
would cause all disk access to fail at some random point.  Now it's fine ;-)

The is one oddity - every few seconds (say 3 - 5), the machine pauses,
sometimes it's very noticeable and a key press get lost or duplicated.
I think this occurs when ioflush runs but I'm not 100% sure.  ioflush is
certainly using lots of CPU - about 1 second for 1 minute of uptime - I
can't remember how much it used before.

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/