Subject: Re: NetBSD/sparc64 on ultra2
To: User Andrea <andrea@practive.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/09/2001 10:15:37
On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, User Andrea wrote:

> I'm thinking to use netbsd on a ultra2.
> Now i'm wondering if it's stable enough to be used in a production
> environment.
> For example:
>
> 1) Can i use the packages from pkgsrc ( i need perl+mod,apache,snmp,...)
> 2) Vlans works?
> 3) What about toolchain.Is it usable?

	I run an Ultra1 under -current at home as a personal workstation,
	and do quite a bit of perl work on it. I have another one at work
	that (when I have some time) will be going into production use
	running -current based on the experience with the home machine.

	I'll just agree with eeh's comment on the toolchain, plus the
	fact the ultra breaks 'x86' code assumptions three ways:
	Big endian + 64 bit + strict alignment.
--
		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --