Subject: re: Ultra 5 w/hme + current spews messages
To: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/03/2001 12:42:02
   You can try to increase the number of receive descriptors in hme
   driver, to do that you'll need to edit hme.c and set

   #define _HME_NDESC	32

   to 64,128 or 256, whatever you'd prefer.

   Another thing which would probably mask the problem is to
   scan *all* receive descriptors in hme_rint. I can provide a patch
   if you want to experiment with that. This more likely will help
   because I think that original problem is that driver and chip
   are out of sync regarding `current' receive descriptor.

i set _HME_NDESC to 256 and while that seemed to reduce the
frequency of the problem, it did not remove it.  i've left
this change in my tree because it does help -- some.

.mrg.