Subject: Re: Ultra 5 w/hme + current spews messages
To: Jarle Greipsland <jarle@uninett.no>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/02/2001 12:31:52
You can try to increase the number of receive descriptors in hme
driver, to do that you'll need to edit hme.c and set

#define _HME_NDESC	32

to 64,128 or 256, whatever you'd prefer.

Another thing which would probably mask the problem is to
scan *all* receive descriptors in hme_rint. I can provide a patch
if you want to experiment with that. This more likely will help
because I think that original problem is that driver and chip
are out of sync regarding `current' receive descriptor.

	Andrey