Subject: re: reboot hangs on sparc64
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/31/2001 18:04:40
   > Now I have new troubles after bash :-) When I reboot my Sun Ultra 5
   > the machine hangs, i.e. it doesnt't reboot itself. Has there been
   > any progress to identify and correct the problem? I'm using 1.5.2.

   No, noone with a machine with XIR ("reset button") has been able to reproduce
   the problem. If anyone has the pinout of the lab console jumper for an U5,
   which should contain an XIR connector, I'll be more than happy to connect
   it on mine and set up everything to debug this.

   I didn't find anything in the sun docs, else I would have already done it.

actually, we believe eeh has fixed this problem in -current a few weeks
ago.  i noticed it when my U5 stopped hanging when entering the prom.  i
can't find the change (it had something to do with mapping the interrupt
table in the prom, or something, i forget), so i don't know how easily it
will port to the 1.5 branch...