Subject: video boards
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Stephan S. <sschwerzmann@mus.ch>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/28/2001 22:44:17
hello ultrasparc-ers,

  I have here 2 full length video boards that come out of sun ultra 5 or 10 workstations and were on the way to the dumpster (what a shame)
  the boards were in working condition when pulled from the machines and have not been operated many hours before.

  unforunately i cannot get any pdf out of
http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/hardware/docs/Workstation_Products/Graphics_and_Media_Accelerators/index.html;$sessionid$UHIENTAAAEWXVAMTA1LU3NQ
  to try to identify what these are exactly...

  the two chips (out of a dozen) that look important are labelled "conexant bt498akhf240 ...(more numbers)" and "sun 100-5512-01 l2a0791 wlc26047 ... (more numbers)"
  on the slot cover side there is a typical sun video connector (big sub-d w. 3 coax - the bt498 is next to it) and a mini din 8p
  on the mobo bus side there is a two row / two part edge connector similar to pci but too far away from the slot cover so it can't be pci (the sun chip is next to it) - my educated guess would be s-bus (on an ultra machine?) or a sun private video port...

  I know this equipment is expensive when to buy - can anyone tell the right price, please? (couriosity can make men poor)

  if it is of use for netbsd contribution I'd send them for 50.00 euro (= packaging, shipping, some beer) each to european destinations (not worth reimporting sun equipment to u.s., isn't? :-)

  greetings,
Stephan