Subject: re: NetBSD-current on sparc64 comments
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/28/2001 12:59:57

   >            - The only real issue I've hit is that there seems to be
   >              a problem compiling C++. A 'hello world' program will
   >              fail at runtime with:
   >    /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.4: Undefined symbol "" (reloc type = 54, symnum = 18)
   >              gcc -v reports 2.95.3. Was this toolchain used to build
   >              the snapshot? (ie: groff)
   >
   > groff doesn't use libstdc++, but this is basically a known issue.  C++
   > in general doesn't work on sparc64 though some applications that only
   > use a small subset of C++ (like groff) will work just ine.

   	IS the new toolchain liable to affect this?

sparc64 & C++ probably won't be fixed until post GCC 3.0.  i don't know.

   	Many thanks - my free memory appears to be usefully caching files
   	now :) Is there any reason we do not autosize NVNODE more usefully
   	based on the total memory?

one assumes that chuq will deal with the too-small vnode issue sometime,
it was only "recently" (3 months ago?) posted about on tech-kern.