Subject: Re: ESP200 SCSI controller
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org, paul@colba.net>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/26/2001 22:50:32

| I seem to be confused about the origins of ESP200
| In some places i see reference to Qlogic on others (like man esp) it's
| Emulex

Well, QLogic was spun off from Emulex, so they share a certain
amount of intellectual property.

| Who actually made the card ? I know it's NCR53c9x based.

Card?  What card?  The ESP200 is an ASIC core.  Companies license
the design to put into their own ASICs.

The SBus cards with ESP200s in them are usually a macio chip with
some support logic.  Macio is a Sun design.  It also has a lance and
DMA controller, maybe a parallel port (I forget...)  I don't know who
fab'ed the part.

Eduardo